Friday 10 May 2013

Dancewear re-fashion

By AnnaMae
I have had this cotton, forest green Plume leotard for a really long time now but I rarely wear it as it has a crazy high leg line and is super low cut so it looks pretty ridiculous on me. (This is not me BTW its just the photo on the website)

After seeing a Tshirt refashion using a bleach pen, I decided to give it a go on my cotton leotard. I decided on a *zig-zag/Aztec pattern which I drew on with chalk first. I then traced over the chalk outline with a Clorox bleach pen ( I ended up running out of it so I made my own, see link below) It tells you to leave it for about 3/4 minutes but because the leotard was so dark and was not completely cotton I ended up leaving it on for about and hour and a half. After that all you need to do is rinse it off then put it through the washing ( I did it by itself in case some of the bleach and dye ran etc.) and you will have a super cute patterned leotard !
*You can use whatever pattern you want
Bleach Gel Recipe
The Finished Product !


No comments:

Post a Comment